Below are current employment listings for NOFA-NJ. Also, be sure to look at our Classifieds page for other available jobs.
WINTER CONFERENCE COORDINATOR
The Northeast Organic Farming Association of New Jersey (NOFA-NJ) is seeking a temporary part-time Winter Conference Coordinator to work in partnership with NOFA-NJ staff, contractors, volunteers and the Winter Conference Committee to produce New Jersey’s premiere sustainable agriculture event. The position requires a self-starter with experience in event planning, supervision, administration and communications. The position reports to the Executive Director. The 2017 NOFA-NJ Winter Conference is expected to host 500+ attendees, and will be held on Jan 28 & 29, 2017. For more information about the event, go to: http://www.nofanj.org/winterconference.
Working closely with the staff, outside services and the Winter Conference Committee, the Coordinator will:
- Be responsible for ensuring the smooth execution of all aspects of the event, including speaker selection, sponsorships, contracting, publicity, registration, and evaluation.
- Serve as Winter Conference Committee chair. Schedule, attend and oversee committee meetings, and provide expedient summary reports and follow up.
- Recruit, train, deploy and oversee volunteer team captains to handle all details of program scheduling and content, sponsorships, speakers, exhibitors, scholarships, volunteers, continuing education credits and certifications.
- Facilitate negotiations with the conference venue regarding contracts, audio visual needs, and site specifications, parking, signage and catering needs.
- Promote the event, including overseeing multi-media production of conference materials, social media, publicity and other outreach efforts.
- During the event, serve as the primary point person and liaison to the venue staff.
- Coordinate post-event wrap up meeting, execute acknowledgements to donors, and speaker reimbursements. Maintain electronic and paper records, including outcome tracking and reporting.
· Education: Bachelor’s degree recommended.
· Supervisory event planning experience required.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, and strong computer skills required.
· High energy and enthusiasm. Ability to work well with a wide range of people. Work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks at once and adapt to changing situations on a daily basis.
· Strong interest in and commitment to promoting the goals of NOFA-NJ. Some travel required.
Hours: Position commences August 1st or sooner if possible. The position is a total of 300 hours. The job demands include increased hours per month as the event approaches. Hourly rate is $22 per hour.
How to Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, three (events planning) references to email@example.com.
Deadline to Apply: July 15, 2016.
NOFA-NJ is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.