Marketing Internship Available in Morris County
Name: Abby Gallo
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 9732064177 County: Morris
Preferred Method of Contact: Email
Detailed Description of Position: Job Schedule and Requirements:
This is an unpaid part-time position, working 10-16 hours per week from March through May 2017 (timing is flexible). Students must be enrolled in a higher education institution and receive college credit for the internship. This role must have its own transportation. This is an unpaid internship where you will gain excellent experience in the non-profit local food sector.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Description of Farm: Marketing Intern, Spring 2017
Grow It Green Morristown seeks a detail-oriented and creative college student to assist in organizational outreach, program promotion, and fundraising events.
Grow It Green Morristown creates sustainable farms and gardens that provide equal access to fresh, local food, while educating communities through programs focused on healthy eating and environmental stewardship. The non-profit manages two properties: the Early Street Community Garden and the Urban Farm. Once a littered and vacant lot, the Early Street Community Garden is now a one-acre property that provides space for over 100 families to grow their own food, flowers, and herbs. The Urban Farm is a one-acre educational farm for the community and the 5,200 children of the Morris County School District. All of our cultivation practices follow organic principles and emphasize overall sustainability and biological inputs, but we are not certified organic.
Skills: Responsibilities and Duties:
The Marketing Intern will be responsible for assisting the Communications & Development Manager with weekly promotions and graphic design. The Marketing Intern will also be responsible for weekly newsletters, social media postings, event flyers, designing promotional materials, and press release distribution. He/She may also be asked to help coordinate fundraising events. He/She should have an interest in local food systems and gardening and be personable and self-motivated.
1. Create weekly e-blasts with updates for upcoming events
2. Develop promotional materials for events and programs
3. Update the organizational website & social media
4. Help with organizational fundraising events and classes
5. Submit calendar listings to local online news outlets
6. Opportunities to assist with grant writing
1. Excellent writing skills
2. Must be personable and enjoy working with diverse community members
3. Competency in MailChimp or similar email program is a plus
4. Graphic design or Photoshop experience is a plus
5. Must be dependable, organized, flexible and have a sense of humor
6. Attention to detail is a must
7. A strong work ethic and the ability to work independently, with minimal oversight
8. Ability to speak fluent Spanish is a significant plus